Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Director, Home Health - Las Vegas, NV
at UnitedHealth Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 798851
Categories: Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Healthcare - Assisted Living/Home Health, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
For over forty years, we've dedicated ourselves to keeping our community healthy through forward-thinking services and patient-centered care.
Now, Southwest Medical Associates, part of OptumCare®, is pleased to offer you a chance for a rewarding health care career.
Southwest Medical was founded in Las Vegas in 1972 and is Nevada's largest multispecialty medical group with over 370 local health care providers in over 30 health care centers, including seven convenient care centers, six urgent care centers, two outpatient surgery centers and two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, plus access to a network of 630 providers throughout southern Nevada.
Our Home Health agency serves over 100,000 patient visits annually. The agency, the largest in Nevada, is a multi-discipline service that includes nursing, physical therapy, social work, dietary, speech and occupational therapy, and home health aides. Our goal is to improve our patients' health when visiting them in their residence, typically following a hospital admission.
We're looking for someone with the motivation and heart to provide experienced, compassionate, innovative and high-quality care to patients throughout Southern Nevada.
The Medical Director, Home Health, is a member of the leadership team and responsible for the quality, cost and service levels of health care provided by the home health agency. This position works closely with the senior leaders to direct, manage and evaluate all home health practice operations. This position is also responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring of activities in direct support of patient satisfaction, quality improvement, utilization and quality management. This position is 30 percent clinical patient care in the home and 70 percent administrative.
- Provide leadership for and communication to home health clinical and operational staff
- Develop and implement methods to decrease acute and SNF readmission rates
- Develop protocols for the appropriate management of chronic wounds. Develop best practices in collaboration with wound care physicians to improve outcomes
- Develop disease specific critical pathways in collaboration with cardiology, COPD physicians, medical specialties, and home health clinicians. Provide education and training to staff related to critical pathway disease management
- See patients in the home and/or consult with clinical staff at their patient visits
- Be the home health "Ambassador" in the community to improve communication and awareness of home health services by providing education and training to physicians and referral sources
- Review long length-of-stay (> 120 days) patients, in collaboration with PCP's, and develop appropriate ongoing care plans or discharge/transition plans
- Ensure that home health policies are maintained and followed. Establish new policies and procedures related to patient care, medical management/education, and disaster procedures as needed
- Attend leadership and staff meetings, IDT's, case conferences, clinical rounds, committee meetings, and maintain designated admin office hours
- Partner with medical management and ACE staff to promote process improvements, cost saving initiatives, and service enhancements
- Work with the home health QAPI department to ensure effective quality assurance and risk management processes are in place
- Ensure that CMS Conditions of Participation and Nevada Department of Health regulatory standards are met
- Establish effective working relationships with key departments including pharmacy, HME, clinic providers and staff, referral sources, health plan leaders
- Work with HCE to develop Key metrics/dashboards to drive affordability
- Assist with complaints, issues and other duties as they arise
- Must have an active and unrestricted medical license in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Board certification in a postgraduate clinical specialty
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a medical group or hospital-based practice
- Internal Medicine or Geriatrics emphasis
- Knowledge of home health operations
- Five years management experience
- Experience in medical utilization management, medical quality assurance, and risk management in a capitated reimbursement environment
- Strong knowledge of healthcare industry management practices, human resources management, and demonstrable capabilities in team building and professional collaboration
- Strong oral and written communication capabilities
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Physician, MD, DO, Medical Director, home health, post-acute, management, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada