Tropicana Entertainment Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook-II Part Time
at Tropicana Entertainment Inc.
Reports To: Executive Chef
SUMMARY: Cook II is responsible for cooking and plating food on the food line in an efficient manner. Must be knowledgeable of basic production of Italian cuisine, have a good feel for traditional authentic seasoning, preparing and marinating items used in Italian cooking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up station and makes sure all equipment is needed for the day / shift production.
- Insures that all meals are out within 15 minutes and that all orders are completed timely.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the line.
- Prepare and cook all items according to company standards for recipes and procedures, including the seasoning, finish and garnishment of all food items and entrees. Adheres to time and sequence of cooking operations to meet service standards.
- Performs all basic cooking operations including deep fat frying, broiling, steaming, sautéing, basic oven work and production/prep work. Plate up food items and dish up for large functions. Effectively use kitchen tools and utensils including knives, slicers, choppers, mixers, steamers and braziers.
- Work assigned station in the kitchen, with responsibility for the cleanliness and sanitation of assigned work area.
- Assist other kitchen personnel as needed.
- Properly use and store food items and kitchen supplies.
- Complete prep work for next shift.
- Transport food and supplies to work stations as needed.
- Perform excellent customer service.
- Perform any reasonable request made by management.
- Must be available for scheduled work.
- Must exhibit the Thoughtful Service model at all times. None. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Must possess and be able to maintain a current Health Card, Liquor License, or other required certifications as required by geographical area of the property. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. COMPUTER SKILLS
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Three to six months of related experience and/or training in a similar food outlet, hotel or casino atmosphere.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tropicana Entertainment Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers, subject to the rules and regulations of the State of Nevada. We are also a drug-free workplace. All candidates selected for employment are required to submit to a hair sample analysis and the test results must be free of illegal substances