Tropicana Entertainment Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cafe Steward Stocker - Part Time
at Tropicana Entertainment Inc.
Reports To: Executive Chef/Cafe Supervisor
SUMMARY: The Steward/Stocker is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing all kitchen and food prep areas according to company standards. Assist with the preparation and maintaining of the serving line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train other Stewards to properly scrape, rinse, rack, stack and wash all china, flatware, Trains on the three-compartment sink set up (wash sink, rinse sink and sanitizer sink) cleanliness and organization of coolers and dry storage areas.
- and how to air-dry all pots and pans. Cleans and sanitizes workstations and maintains
- glassware and utensils according to company standards of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Transports food and supplies to work stations and serving lines as needed.
- Properly use and store food items, kitchen supplies and all food and beverage tools and needed. Adhere to cost control methods and procedures as directed by supervisor.
- materials. Assists other personnel engaged in preparing, cooking and serving food as
- Empty trash in workstations and in kitchen areas, and transports to disposal areas,
- adhering to operating procedures.
- Work effectively with other employees, vendors, guests and other visitors. Promote
- positive employee and guest relations.
- Other related duties as assigned by the F&B Manager and/or F&B Supervisor.
- Must be available for scheduled work.
- Must exhibit the Thoughtful Service model at all times. None.QUALIFICATIONS All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations. No prior experience or training required. Must be able to work with the public, presenting a clean, courteous image.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Must be able to effectively communicate in English to guests and other employees. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Must be able to operate Point-of-Sale system accurately.
- COMPUTER SKILLS
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Must be able to obtain any and all State, Local, and County licenses and/or registrations as required. Health permit/license required.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers, subject to the rules and regulations of the State of Nevada. We are also a drug-free workplace. All candidates selected for employment are required to submit to a hair sample analysis and the test results must be free of illegal substances.