The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outreach Case Manager - M.O.R.E. Team
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Conduct outreach activities, including visits to facilities such as shelters, treatment programs, dining facilities and other locations where homeless and at-risk families may congregate.
- Provide direct case management services to homeless and at-risk veterans and families.
- Provides supportive counseling and referrals for shelter, housing, assists with eviction prevention processes
- Learn and maintain knowledge of community employment agencies and procedures, along with modifications to those procedures.
- Engaging with, interviewing and assessing individuals and families uniformly for service referral.
- Utilizing a community wide data system to enter clients Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS), confirm activities from other services providers, create community reports, and verify eligibility.
- Supporting staff working in other agencies as it relates to street outreach.
- Assisting Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) staff in community level planning activities.
- Attend all scheduled team meetings and trainings.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related discipline. Minimum four years of related employment experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
- Experience working with homeless, at-risk veterans, and families preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of residents, staff, and community partners.
- Must have a valid Nevada Driver License, clean driving record and own registered and insured vehicle for business activity. Mileage reimbursement will be provided when personal vehicle is used for business purposes.
- Must successfully pass Defensive Driving courses provided by The Salvation Army and City of Las Vegas to operate The Salvation Army vehicles as well as City of Las Vegas vehicles.
- Must successfully complete a one-week training program, provided by City of Las Vegas.
- Ability to manage Coordinated Entry / Assessment
- Knowledge of SOAR training
- Knowledge of Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with homeless individuals during the process of obtaining and stabilizing in housing.
- Ability to work with various agencies.
- Knowledge of area resources for the homeless.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others.
- Ability to create and run reports.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. He/she must be able to communicate to clients, vendors and coworkers. Must be able to hear well enough to drive a vehicle. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee must have the ability to operate a telephone, desktop/laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, knowledgeable of Microsoft Office, other programs assigned and the ability to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in his name without discrimination.