The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Manager (Temporary)
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of potential program participants to determine financial impact of Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Develop Individualized Housing and Service Plans for each participant using the comprehensive assessment.
- Develop and maintain files related to programs, properties, and general matters, according to Salvation Army guidelines.
- Determine and recommend to supervisor the level of financial assistance for eligible participants.
- Establish individualized case management plans with families most at-risk for entering the homeless system due to Covid-19 financial hardship and provide those families with supportive services to stabilize their housing.
- Provide case management services including, but not limited to: ongoing case management to families following housing stabilization to ensure success, providing appropriate resources, tools, and counseling to assist participants during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Prepare requests for financial assistance and submit all required documentation to supervisor for approval.
- Interface with landlords whenever necessary to acquire necessary signatures and documentation or advocate for participants.
- Facilitate payment agreements with landlords.
- Manage and track financial assistance funds without overspending.
- Collaborate with other departments and agency programs to ensure program goals are being met while upholding the agency mission.
- Submit monthly narrative, statistical, and grant reports; other reports as required.
- Make follow up contacts to participants to determine client’s ongoing needs.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and networking meetings in the community.
- Other duties as assigned as they relate to the position.
Skill / Requirements
LOCATION: The Salvation Army – Las Vegas, NV
STATUS: FT Temporary until 12-31-2020
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field.
- Experience working with clients in crisis and the strong ability to effectively resolve and cope with immediate crisis situations.
- Knowledge of community resources, particularly for low income individuals, available in the Clark County service area.
- Proficient in Microsoft software computer programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and the internet
- Excellent interpersonal, telephone and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent detail, organization and file management skills
- Demonstrated dependability, maturity, and initiative; must be able to maintain program/guest/agency confidentiality and treat everyone with dignity and respect. Ability to work alone and as a part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a self-motivated and self-directed schedule, address multiple projects in a timely manner and take projects from beginning through completion
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances
- Knowledge of the Homeless Management Information System.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must possess a valid Nevada driver’s license and pass a motor vehicle record check.
- Reliable transportation.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.