The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Manager I (Anti-Human Trafficking)
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Provide comprehensive case management to victims of human trafficking who were victimized in and/or are living in Southern Nevada in compliance with program policies and procedures. Clients include labor and sex trafficking victims of all ages, both foreign and domestic.
- Ensure comprehensive social services are provided in a timely manner including but not limited to: referrals to medical, mental health, dental, immigration/legal providers; access to appropriate benefits, housing, childcare, supportive counseling/ socialization, transportation, ESL, literacy, refugee employment agencies, criminal justice system advocates; court accompaniment, family reunification and coordination with life skill mentors and interpreters.
- Oversight of victim case management through monitoring and regular visits ensuring each client is receiving services available thru referral partners, volunteers or The Salvation Army programs in a linguistically appropriate manner. Clients should be engaged in the process and assist in goal setting.
- Maintain proper documentation for each client enrolled in the program through gathering and recording of monthly service provision statistics using a computer database and TSA reporting mechanisms.
- Prepare and submit required reports to the Program Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Participate as a member of the Crisis Response Team to assist first responders and Coordinator in initial intake, placement and assessment of newly identified victims. This position will be on-call a certain number of days per month.
- Conduct intakes, assess immediate & long-term needs and develop case and safety plans.
- Assist with outreach, public awareness, and training activities as requested and attend the Southern Nevada Human Trafficking Task Force meetings.
- Participate in professional development training which may require out-of-state travel periodically.
- Assist Program Coordinator in maintaining positive working relationships with community partners willing to enroll clients in their programs.
- Work with Program Coordinator to improve program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Generally, assist the Program Coordinator, as requested, to accomplish program goals.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule in order to respond to participants needs related to meeting times.
- All other related duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
- BSW or related bachelor’s degree or 4-years’ experience providing case management to immigrants, victims of crime, or similar populations OR;
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills Second language is preferred (Spanish or Mandarin preferred);
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work in collaboration with local and federal law enforcement, prosecutors, probation/ parole officers, and other agencies;
- Successful experience working in the social work field including client assessment, case planning, management and referrals;
- Knowledge of culturally-sensitive and linguistically appropriate service provision strategies;
- Administrative skills in computers, record keeping, and organization;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and communication skills;
- Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of the position;
- Flexibility in schedule to work days, nights, and weekends (as needed);
- Must demonstrate evidence of good judgment and priority setting;
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.