Smithfield Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Smithfield Foods, inc.
- Job Locations
- US-NV-North Las Vegas
- FLSA Status
- 2nd Shift
This position is responsible to support the production line operation, timely disassembly and re-assembly of equipment, cleaning and sanitation of combos, totes tubs, machinery, floors, walls and maintenance of wastewater removal equipment. Additional job responsibilities include completion of these tasks while following standard operating procedures, including but not limited to, filling out log sheets and other sanitation related paperwork.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Promptly at the start of the shift review the work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled and prepare for operations.
- Prepare machinery for cleaning, remove remaining materials from the machines and floors and place in the proper containers.
- Remove totes and other containers from the machine area, close valves, open doors, lids, drains and water valves.
- Breakdown, disassemble and / or loosen nuts, screws, belts, remove machine parts, conveyors, guard rails, lids, doors and guards.
- Wash down the production equipment, conveyors and machinery as required.
- Scrape material from the machine parts, shovel excess into totes and soak parts as needed.
- Obtain and apply the appropriate cleaning and sanitizing solution, apply foam to the surfaces, scrub surfaces and parts.
- In the absence of key personnel the employee’s supervisor or qualified designee (one that has been trained in the key employee's duties) is responsible to complete or delegate the completion of all required tasks and responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Work experience in a sanitation or similar role in a distribution environment is preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions and labels.
- Follow established personal safety guidelines and policies.
- Follow established food safety guidelines and policies.
- Be available to work scheduled hours, which may include mandatory overtime, depending upon production demands.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, grasp, or feel with both hands; substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers; reaching and pulling with hands and arms.
- Prolonged standing or sitting - Occasional walking is required for short distances.
- Ability to consistently move/drag/lift up to 60 lbs frozen raw materials on a regular basis.
- Ability to consistently move/drag 100-150 plastic totes.
- Frequent stretching out of arms, and use of upper body.
- Occasional turning and twisting at the waist.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to wet conditions.
- Continuous exposure to temperatures ranging from 10F – 85F degrees
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.