Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Operations Support Assistant
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Administration and Clerical
Overview & Responsibilities
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently have a full time opening for a Field Operations Support Assistant at Palm Eastern Mortuary - Cemetery - Cremations in Las Vegas, NV. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Provides administrative and clerical support to a funeral home, cemetery, crematory or a combination of these facilities. Other general duties include greeting the general public, answering questions and providing general information on services offered in a polite manner with a goal to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Provide Clerical Support
- Graphic design experience is required. The role will require working on Memorial design marker desk - placing you in the position of working with counselors and families to design and order marker from various vendors and getting them placed with grounds.
- Performs day to day clerical duties as required which may include:
- Preparing death certificates, prayer cards and related documents
- Greeting family members and friends
- Completing required permits and / or certificates
- Receiving and / or processes payments and/or contracts
- Preparing and processing Veteran’s Paperwork
- Ordering supplies, filing and responding to inquiries
- Ensures that the required documentation to support requested products and services is accurate and complies with state, federal and company rules and regulations, to include:
- Preparing and distributing daily interment or cremation schedules, reports, and documents
- Maintaining and verifying the accuracy of logs associated with markers, interments and/or cremations
- Acts on calls from external customers, including other cemeteries and mortuaries, to provide product and service selections, to include disposition of remains, contracts, and payments
- Coordinates the ordering of memorials and related products and the control of storage inventory for vaults and markers
- Oversees the processing of installation orders to grounds and maintenance departments
- Enters contracts and cash receipts in HMIS when necessary
- Prepares marker/ monument placement paperwork
- Composes edits and provides obituaries to newspapers and MeM
- Processes account payable transactions
- Assists Sales, Community or Family Service Counselors as needed
- Assists location management with daily operations including SOX compliance, delivery process and liability release
- Assists with payroll
- Prepares for funeral services by preparing sign-in books, ensuring veteran’s paperwork is completed, and assisting professional funeral staff as directed
- Conducts blind checks
- Assists with MEM preparation and service materials
- Monitors and follows up on marker orders; tracks memorial orders
- Maintains Dignity for Excellence location book where applicable
- Acts as backup to Receptionist
- May design and manage MEMs including monuments and markers
- May maintain location website to include accuracy of obituaries, service information, etc.
- Communicates client family’s needs promptly and accurately to the appropriate staff member.
- Conveys a sense of concern and empathy with client family members at all times.
- Demonstrates a caring attitude when problems arise while calmly and efficiently bringing the situation to the attention of a staff member who can provide resolution
- Responds to customer inquiries via telephone, internet and in person
- Maintains professional and cooperative relationships with county clerk, medical examiner and physicians
- Keeps accurate records
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School or GED equivalent
- None required
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in an office clerical or customer service capacity required
- Experience working in a customer-focused and fast-paced professional environment required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Graphic design experience
- Working knowledge of office equipment including computers, calculators, copiers, printers, and fax machines at a level consistent with experience
- MS Office Suite experience is highly desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic mathematic skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
- Detail oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V