Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital Print Operator 3 (3rd shift)
at RR Donnelley
Title Digital Print Operator 3
Shift/Hours: 3rd shift position – Monday thru Friday - 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM
**MUST work scheduled Holidays and be flexible to work overtime as needed**
Operate IBM4100 printers. Receive and proof files. Review and send files to RIP files according to the written job instructions to prepare jobs for printing. Maintain daily print job production and maintenance logs. Setup, program and release jobs from print queue. Adjust image positioning as needed for quality results. Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality by doing in-process quality checks at the point of production.
Requires knowledge of standard set ups, adjustments and operating characteristics of the equipment and skill to perform standard adjustments and operate the equipment. Ability to set up, operate, and perform basic adjustments to the equipment according to the individual job requirements, operating characteristics, and capabilities of the equipment.
Knowledge of pre/post equipment such as unwinders/fanfold and cutting systems.
- Operate digital print equipment to optimal production standards as well as pressure seal equipment.
- Produce digital products to customer specifications and quality standards
- Maintains accurate production records
- Rips digital files for production
- Loads/unloads finished product from machine
- Makes efficient use of inventory on hand
- Loads inks and performs routine maintenance
- Operates finishing equipment, performs machine logs after each shift.
- Other duties as requested or required
Required Experience/Physical Requirements/Qualifications
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Need to run pressure seal equipment as well.
- Must be able to stand constantly (over 2/3 of time)
- 1 year of Digital operating experience preferred
- IBM4000, 41000 series presses
- Must be able to work with various pre/post equipment (ie: cutters, un-winders, folders)
- Must be comfortable working with phone support
- Must be able to work assigned shift – Regular schedule may include weekend work (ex. Tuesday-Saturday)
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary to meet product demand
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company’s policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.