Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CASINO OPERATIONS MANAGER
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Casino Operations
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Tropicana Hotel and Casino we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
Your daily responsibilities include
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Responsible for directing the overall operations and staff of the Slots and Table Games departments. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Ensures that scheduling is done in an effective and efficient manner, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for preparing, monitoring and adhering to budgets and ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives. Reports budget concerns / deviations to VP Casino Operations/Executive Management..
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Responsible for operations related analysis and develop strategy.
- Makes recommendations in financial activities of Slots and Table Games departments and plans work processed in order to ensure efficient operations.
- Responsible for oversight of all Slots and Table Games gaming equipment.
- Overall responsible for the integrity and accountability for Slots and Table Games gaming equipment.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to Slots and Table Games departments policies and services, and resolve occupants’ complaints while supporting all customer service programs.
- Makes recommendations of machine placement and purchase of new equipment to maximize floor layout, in accordance with established profit objectives, to Director.
- Ensures floor layout stays current with industry product and machine variety/mix is competitive within the regional market.
- Makes recommendation on implementation and oversight of overall strategies for the overall engagement, customer service, comp ability, games layout and mix, revenue growth, and expense management in order to maximize profitability for all areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for the overall engagement of all team members by addressing and managing team member feedback, suggestions and complaints.
- Responsible for the integrity of daily Slots and Table Games departments.
- Protects and preserves assets of the company.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management / GM.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Determines recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Responsible for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, counseling).
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) from four-year college or university; or minimum of five years experience in a comparable Casinos Operations leadership position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent skills in both written and oral communication.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word) and have knowledge of Slots and Table Games operating systems.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have extensive knowledge of all Slots and Table Games operations.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
Alcohol Awareness Card
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer