North Shore LIJHS
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at North Shore LIJHS
Job Reference #: 0029MR
Supervises and coordinates operation and staff of the Phlebotomy section/shift. Monitors collection and processing procedures and protocols used. Seeks and implements solutions to issues relating to processing and data performance. Participates in all QA/QC activities affecting the section and patient care.
- Supervises, hires, trains, disciplines and evaluates the performance of staff. Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner.
- Prioritizes, schedules, assigns and monitors work to optimize operational performance.
- Coordinates staffing, material requirements and equipment needs to support daily operations.
- Analyzes, recommends, implements and monitors approved work-flow changes, procedures and protocols. Implements System/Department policies and government regulations, and monitors compliance.
- Maintains quality control activities and records.
- Ensures maintenance and calibration of equipment to assure proper functioning.
- Assists with preparation of and compliance with the approved operating budget.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Associates Degree in Medical Technology, Basic Science or related field, preferred.
- Certification in Phlebotomy, required.
- Three (3) years related experience including leadership role.