Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mid - SR Level Flight Test Engineer Analyst
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Clearance Required
- Top Secret
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Flight Test Engineer to join our growing team. At MTSI, our more than 1,200 Co-Owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry, and that you have many options to choose from for employment. As a 100% employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes space, ballistic missile and air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence, cyber security, and homeland defense.
Join MTSI this year in celebrating our 26th consecutive year in business and consecutive growth. Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of flight and ground tests as a Test Engineer/Analyst.
- Create/review test engineering documentation: Test plans, Test Information Sheets, Safety Packages, Data Analysis. Management Plans, Technical and Safety Review Board Briefs, Test Readiness Briefs, Test Cards, and Test/Analysis Reports
- Perform analysis on pre-test predications to design test events and profiles, define data collection requirements and go/no-go criteria to meet test objectives.
- Work with customers to perform reviews of aircraft and ground systems, sub-systems, and components to ensure the data management and analysis plan (DMAP) provides proper data collection for real-time and post-mission data processing, evaluation and analysis to meet test plan objectives.
- Set up data analysis requests, ordering and processing data, quality control review and anomaly resolution of data, and analyzing the data as per the data analysis plan.
- Create Test Reports/Presentations of complex data sets.
- Create/enhance data analysis tools.
Desired / Required Experience:
- Experience with testing of avionics systems (Radar/IR/EA/ESM), weapons, external stores, and or sensor testing.
- Mission Control Room experience – Direct ground / flight tests and monitor performance parameters.
- Team mentality to provide Integrated engineering support for design reviews, test planning working groups, test card prep, disciplined test execution, and collaborate / author on post flight reports.
- Experience in coordinating and executing tests on various government open air test ranges.
- Work well in a team environment as well as independently and have above average communication and writing skills.
- Position requires willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customer requirements and needs.
- Versed in Microsoft Office Products to support test programs.
- Aptitude and patience to process and analyze complex system test data.
- Electronic Warfare (EW) systems experience.
- Experience with MATLAB and data analysis tools / Aptitude to learn new software tools.
- Private Pilot license.
- Previous experience as aircrew member (Pilot, EWO, NAV, etc.).
- Bachelors of Science (Engineering, Math, Computer Science or Physics). Will consider other degrees if candidate has strong background in Electronic Warfare systems analysis.
- Masters of Science (Engineering, Math, Computer Science or Physics).
- Current Top Secret clearance required (SCI Eligibility Desired)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.