MGM Resorts International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wardrobe Attendant - Cirque Du Soleil (PT) (Corporate - Bellagio)
at MGM Resorts International
Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
Wardrobe Attendants are responsible insuring artist costumes are cleaned, pressed/steamed in preparation for the shows as well as performing pre-sets of costumes and doing show dressing cues. Job functions include following assigned cues on multiple dressing tracks, perform repairs and maintenance on costumes, headpieces and footwear as designated by their immediate supervisor while also adhering to safe working practices and clearly communicating with the artists and co-workers.
- Assemble and pre-set costumes prior to performances.
- Assist the artists with dressing and quick changes.
- Assist with the on-going inspection of the individual costumes to identify repairs or adjustments that might be necessary.
- Perform evening and day laundry assignments as scheduled.
- Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed.
- Check that all costumes on assigned tracks are clean and in good repair and organized appropriately for the show.
- Make emergency alterations, repairs and cleaning of all costumes and accessories during the performance if needed.
- Perform repairs and alterations on costumes as assigned
- Learn and perform day laundry shifts as scheduled.
- Assist other departments as directed to run the performances and rehearsals.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance and evening show performances.
- Adhere to and promote all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations as they pertain to the safe operation of all elements related to the show; participate in all required health and safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by the Wardrobe Supervisor, "O"
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in a live theatrical environment as a wardrobe attendant or stitcher or related education.
- Working knowledge of dressing cues on small production of no fewer than 6 artists or a large scale production which should include tasks of laundering, pre-setting of costumes, dressing artists and general costume repair/maintenance.
- Working knowledge of hand and machine sewing on various home and industrial machines including straight/zigzag and overlock machines. Clean hand stitching and attention to details is imperative. Machine work should include straight and zigzag stitching of repairs on woven and stretch fabrics, installing of zippers, replacing parts of a garment (sleeves, cuffs or collars) and constructing a garment from a purchased pattern.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Working knowledge of pattern making.
- Working knowledge of crafts which can include: hand/airbrush painting; jewelry making; shoe resoling; a knowledge of leather work and use of industrial machines and grommet press tools.
- University study in theater and costume construction.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
*This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.
MGM Resorts International develops, builds and operates unique destination resorts designed to provide a total resort experience, including first-class accommodations and dining, world-class entertainment, state-of-the-art meeting and convention facilities, and high-quality retail and gaming experiences.
With 77,000+ employees, the Company is one of the world's leading global hospitality and entertainment companies with 23 resorts. We’re proud to be recognized for our commitment to being socially responsible, including an industry-leading diversity and inclusive culture, community engagement and philanthropy initiatives, and a commitment to environmentally sustainable approaches in development and operations.
While we operate leading resorts and amenities, ultimately it is the people of MGM Resorts who make the difference daily by providing the ultimate guest experience. We welcome you to join us.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at email@example.com.