MGM Resorts International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Management Specialist (Corporate)
at MGM Resorts International
Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Program Management Specialist is accountable for program management activities across MGM Resorts International’s managed spend programs within one or more spend categories as assigned. The Program Management function is responsible for designing the program, collaborative planning and facilitating roll-out, governance (e.g., decision rights) and internal partner and supplier communications. This position will act as an individual contributor and must demonstrate strong customer service skills to develop and maintain working relationships with customers across MGM Resorts International. Success can be measured by the Specialist’s ability to ensure successful program implementation, drive compliance across the end-customers to ensure savings and/or process deliverables. This includes proactively monitoring the programs’ overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate (including, but not limited to, recurring supply chain issues and quality assurance).
This role will interact regularly with members of the Program Management, Strategic Sourcing and Purchasing Operations functions, key stakeholders and suppliers to ensure the efficient implementation and growth of the managed spend programs. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Lead the Strategic Sourcing category teams to develop project timelines, program charters, category strategies, benefits, and resource requirements.
- Ensure the successful implementation of managed spend programs and foster end-customer program compliance.
- Manage and monitor project deliverables; leading decisions on how to complete program deliverables, manage resources in relation to budget and timelines, and how to engage the organization through the change.
- Provide input to the supervising Director on the Project calendar as it pertains to the assigned categories; inclusive of sourcing projects and process improvements.
- Identify gaps to goals and recommend corrective courses of action to close gaps and exceed compliance targets.
- Drive program adoption and fulfill customer demand.
- Implement the standardization of procurement processes (i.e., RFPs, supplier assessment scorecards, category strategy templates, etc.) and systems to ensure MGM Resort International’s competitive position.
- Lead multiple, concurrent programs (existing and new), working with cross-functional teams to build and execute program implementation plans.
- Operationalize and execute programs; address issues and remove obstacles through effective influencing and problem solving skills.
- Ensure the delivery of new products or services from programs meet quality expectations, are on time, and are in accordance with the program plan and governance.
- Gain functional alignment and buy-in to new ways to service the customer and grow the business.
- Eliminate/overcome barriers to drive ongoing continuous improvement and enhanced customer value, working with internal cross-functional teams and suppliers.
- Assess and recommend action for program exceptions, engaging Strategic Sourcing as defined by each relevant program charter.
- Interface with strategic program suppliers on quality, service and delivery as well as ongoing continuous improvement opportunities.
- Assess operational supplier performance and contribute to supplier scorecards.
- Deliver targets with ever increasing speed, quality and significantly lower cost, while adhering to the highest ethical guidelines.
- Perform other job-related activities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in Procurement/Sourcing or Supply Chain Management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills and effective listening skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience in Program or Project Management.
- Systems experience: Stratton Warren, Infinium, Coupa a plus.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
*This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.
MGM Resorts International develops, builds and operates unique destination resorts designed to provide a total resort experience, including first-class accommodations and dining, world-class entertainment, state-of-the-art meeting and convention facilities, and high-quality retail and gaming experiences.
With 77,000+ employees, the Company is one of the world's leading global hospitality and entertainment companies with 23 resorts. We’re proud to be recognized for our commitment to being socially responsible, including an industry-leading diversity and inclusive culture, community engagement and philanthropy initiatives, and a commitment to environmentally sustainable approaches in development and operations.
While we operate leading resorts and amenities, ultimately it is the people of MGM Resorts who make the difference daily by providing the ultimate guest experience. We welcome you to join us.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at firstname.lastname@example.org.