MGM Resorts International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Master Cook - Blossom Kitchen (ARIA) (PT)
at MGM Resorts International
Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
It is the primary responsibility of the Master Cook to perform advanced cooking procedures and operate a specific station with others or independently. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies.
- Prepare both hot and cold items and demonstrate a variety of cooking techniques.
- Ensure all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out philosophy.
- Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Able to apply advanced knife skills required for service.
- Ensure food quality is superior and take action to correct any irregularities.
- Conduct inventory on a regular basis to ensure proper par levels.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Conduct training for Cooks, Pantry Workers and Kitchen Helpers on job responsibilities.
- Maintain Supervisory role in the absence of the Chef and/or Sous Chefs.
- Meet with Sous Chef/Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Master cook in a similar high-volume environment.
- Have a highly motivated and energetic personality.
- Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility.
- Skillfully and knowledgeably work each kitchen stations.
- Working knowledge of the menu and attention to detail with plate presentation.
- Working knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
*This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.
MGM Resorts International develops, builds and operates unique destination resorts designed to provide a total resort experience, including first-class accommodations and dining, world-class entertainment, state-of-the-art meeting and convention facilities, and high-quality retail and gaming experiences.
With 77,000+ employees, the Company is one of the world's leading global hospitality and entertainment companies with 23 resorts. We’re proud to be recognized for our commitment to being socially responsible, including an industry-leading diversity and inclusive culture, community engagement and philanthropy initiatives, and a commitment to environmentally sustainable approaches in development and operations.
While we operate leading resorts and amenities, ultimately it is the people of MGM Resorts who make the difference daily by providing the ultimate guest experience. We welcome you to join us.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at email@example.com.