MGM Resorts International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Carpenter - Cirque Du Soleil (OC) (Corporate - Bellagio)
at MGM Resorts International
Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The primary responsibility of the Carpenter is to perform duties assigned to aid in the operation of the Carpentry Department as directed by the Head and Assistant Head Carpenters. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Bellagio policies, practices, and procedures.
- Learn and execute show cue tracks above and below the water as needed.
- Clean showroom and shop facilities as directed.
- Assist with repairs and projects of scenery, props, and facility.
- Assist with pool maintenance and cleaning.
- Load in and load out of equipment and supplies.
- Inventory management of department supplies.
- Drive forklifts, Sky tracker lifts, snorkel lifts and all other similar types of equipment as directed.
- Maintain and clean Mondo flooring.
- Conducting department safety inspections.
- Build scenery, props, and other items as directed.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned to you by the Head and Assistant Head of Carpentry.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- At least 3 years of experience as a stage carpenter with a large scale production show.
- Previous experience with basic power and hand tools.
- Ability to and willingness to be SCUBA Certified to Rescue Diver Level.
- Ability to complete a medical examination proving eligibility to train and function as a SCUBA diver.
- Ability to complete a 90-yard swim test conducted in the showroom pool.
- Ability to perform underwater duties at times while wearing a full-face mask.
- Strong swimmer.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience with marine construction and boat building.
- Previous experience working on large-scale theatrical style productions.
- Previous Theatrical technician experience.
- Previous experience as a run crew technician.
- Previous experience working with fiberglass, plastics, and foam.
- Previous DC Electric Motor maintenance and system troubleshooting experience.
- Previous experience with computer-aided drafting & design programs and scenic painting experience.
- Previous experience with standard cabinetry construction techniques and experience working with preventive maintenance programs.
- Previous experience with sewing and use of sewing machines and Sergers.
- Working knowledge of OSHA.
- Working knowledge of welding, metal fabrication skills and standard theatrical construction techniques.
- Working knowledge of standard theatrical rigging hardware and techniques.
- Working knowledge of basic mechanical, electrical and electronic tools.
- Basic computer skills using standard MS Office software.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
*This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.
MGM Resorts International develops, builds and operates unique destination resorts designed to provide a total resort experience, including first-class accommodations and dining, world-class entertainment, state-of-the-art meeting and convention facilities, and high-quality retail and gaming experiences.
With 77,000+ employees, the Company is one of the world's leading global hospitality and entertainment companies with 23 resorts. We’re proud to be recognized for our commitment to being socially responsible, including an industry-leading diversity and inclusive culture, community engagement and philanthropy initiatives, and a commitment to environmentally sustainable approaches in development and operations.
While we operate leading resorts and amenities, ultimately it is the people of MGM Resorts who make the difference daily by providing the ultimate guest experience. We welcome you to join us.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at email@example.com.