Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vehicle Service Worker - Part-Time (11.06/hr)
at Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
- Position Description
- All LVMPD part time positions are limited to work 19 hours per week and 988 hours per year. Vehicle Service Worker - Part-Time is paid at $11.06 an hour.
To perform a variety of general duties, including driving Department vehicles, to support the functions of the unit to which assigned.
Click here to view a complete copy of the class specification, including environmental and physical conditions.
This is a part-time position not subject to the competitive requirements of the LVMPD Civil Service Rules. Vehicle Service Workers may have only limited work experience.
- Position-Specific Conditions
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Training, Education and Experience
Must be 18 years of age at date of hire, possess a High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
Possess a valid Nevada driver license.
Best Candidates Will Have:
- Experience driving various vehicles to include sedans, vans, and pick-up trucks.
- Good driving records.
- Experience with vehicle maintenance to include jump starting vehicles, changing flat tires, and completing documentation.
Conditions of Employment
In addition to the General Conditions of Employment, found here, the following specific conditions of employment and physical conditions apply to this position.
1) Personal Appearance: While on duty, and/or representing the Department, uniformed or otherwise, all Department employees will be neat and clean in their appearance in public. Employees are prohibited from attaching, affixing, or displaying objects, articles or jewelry on or through the nose, tongue, eyebrow or other exposed body part, except the ears for females, while on duty. Employees are prohibited from stretching or "gauging" their earlobes. All jewelry implants will not be exposed or visible while on duty. Tattoos or branding will not be exposed or visible while on duty and/or representing the Department. Such markings must be covered by clothing, and may not be covered by make-up or bandages. Tattoos or branding anywhere on the body that promote racism/discrimination, indecency, extremist or supremacist philosophies, lawlessness, violence, or contain sexually explicit material are prohibited.
2) Environmental Conditions:
Driving a motor vehicle on public roadways in heavy or congested traffic conditions.
Possibly driving in inclement weather conditions; shop environment.
3) Physical Conditions:
Sit for prolonged periods of time; bend, stoop and kneel; perform moderate lifting.
- Selection Process
- Application Filing
Applications must be submitted online and received. Decisions on an applicant's qualifications for this position will be made solely on the information contained in the application and therefore, should be filled out in its entirety.
To determine your status after submitting an employment application, you may access your account by going to https://www.governmentjobs.com/Applications/Index/lvmpd.
As vacancies arise, successful candidates will be contacted to schedule their interviews and/or background investigation process.
If you are selected for this position, you will undergo a thorough background investigation.The background investigation takes approximately 90 to 120 days to complete. You must also meet the LVMPD Hiring Standards. LVMPD employees participate in the Department's random drug screening process. For more information on the background process, click http://www.lvmpd.com/en-us/ProtectTheCity/Pages/EmploymentStandards.aspx
- Additional Information
- Please visit the FAQs available on our employment site for a listing of the LVMPD's open competitive selection and employment policies, and other pertinent information. Please visit http://www.lvmpd.com/en-us/protectTheCity/Pages/default.aspx for additional information pertaining to the LVMPD and its hiring process.
Questions regarding this selection process may be directed to:
- Christina Muñoz Vyse, Human Resources Technician, (702) 828-3986, email@example.com