Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OR Nurse - Part Time
at Hospital Corporation of America
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, SunriseHospital and Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcarein Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise providessophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has beenselected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and hadearned the American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) GoldPlus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked NursingProfessionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
Registered Nurse Critical Care/IMC - Surgery - Part Time Mixed
The Operating Room RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada
Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Basic computer and hospital informatics skills required.
Specialty Certification where required; example: Chemotherapy; ACLS; PALS;
Complies with hospital employee health, infection control and safety management programs
Current operating room experience in multiple specialties required
Minimum of two years experience in acute care hospital or surgical center or minimum one semester as a Sunrise surgical services Nurse Apprentice
Current Nevada license to practice Nursing
Independently maintains license
Acquires required contact hours to maintain practice