HCA Physician Services Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Worker MSW/Therapist-Inpatient Psychiatric Facility-FT Days
at HCA Physician Services Group
Southern Hills Hospital is located in Southwest Las Vegas just off the I-215 and Durango/Sunsetexit. The facility is an accredited 180-bed acute care hospital providing emergency and pediatric emergency services,a behavioral health (geriatric psychiatric) inpatientand outpatient program serving ages 50 and older, accredited Chest Pain Center,a Certified Primary Stroke Center,a dedicated orthopedic and spine unit, OB-GYN, Level II NICU, diagnostic imaging and surgical services. Southern Hills Hospital was votedthe Best Hospital in Las Vegas.
Utilizing advanceddigital technology and an accomplished medical staff, Southern Hills Hospital'sadvanced care and superior service make for better outcomes and an exceptionalpatient experience.
The JointCommission, the leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in America,recognized Southern Hills Hospital as a Top Performer on Key QualityMeasures® for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 - the only Southern Nevadahospital to earn this recognition for four consecutive years.
- Southern Hills Hospital is the first institution in the state of Nevada to be recognized by the American Heart Association as a leading hospital in cardiology through their compliance with the “Get with the Guidelines - Heart Failure” program.
- In addition, Southern Hills Hospital earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for its Alzheimer's disease program by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for health care quality and safety in disease-specific care.
- We have also partnered with award-winning spine physicians from the Nevada Neurosciences Institute.
Join us as weachieve our mission statement:
Above all else, we are committed tothe care and improvement of human life.
Plans, organizes, directs, defines andcoordinates clinical services necessary to meet the legal, organizational,medical staff and regulatory agencies guidelines. Provide case management,education and discharge planning. Performs community and educationalactivities.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOTLIMITED TO:
- Conductsindividual, group and family sessions for patients as indicated patienttreatment plan.
- Facilitateidentified support groups to meet the needs of patients/families as indicatedby medical record.
- Participates asa member of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Participates inthe QA process as evidenced by audits and attendance records.
- Participates indevelopment of master treatment plans and updates.
- Attends patienttreatment planning meetings and reviews on an ongoing basis.
- Activeparticipation in the planning and execution of treatment regimes.
- Performspre-admission assessments when directed by Program Director.
- Participates indischarge planning and aftercare planning.
- Makes necessarycontacts with community resources to ensure continuity of care.
- Plans andarranges admission to special care facilities as indicated by physician'srequest/needs.
- Assurescompletion of discharge summaries/discharge instructions.
- Documentsaccording to policies and procedures.
- Interviewspatients and families to obtain social histories and assures completion ofpsychosocial assessment in timeframes given by policy and guidelines.
- Assurescompletion of patient outcomes on admission and discharge.
- Assures contactwith family members when families are available.
- Develops mastertreatment plan for assigned cased.
- Documents allclinical sessions held with patient/family members.
- Performs otherduties and special projects as required and or assigned by Program Director.
- Assist withreferral development and community education activities.
- Completes allcompetency requirements.
- Maintains CEU'sfor licensure as required.
- Beable to handle multiple task pertaining to patient issues.
- Beable to work in a team environment.
- Afirm background in social service practice, patient aftercare and dischargeplanning.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field from an accredited school
- Hold a license in Nevada as per state requirement or be supervised by a licensed social worker. License would be required to complete patient assessments and also if required by state and federal guidelines.
- 2-4 years in social services and or case management preferred and experience with psychiatric patients plus.
- Hold and maintain current licensure as Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)