Grand Los Vegas Hotel and Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Grand Los Vegas Hotel and Casino
It is the primary responsibility of Cook 3 to prepare, rotate and stock all required food products. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
- · Work Pantry Station and Fry Station Without supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times while working in a fast-paced team environment
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Read, measure, and execute standard recipes
- Season and cook food according to recipes or Chefs instruction
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Perform kitchen maintenance tasks such as emptying the trash and washing dishes
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds, and be able to walk, stand, bend and reach as the job requires
- Maintain positive attitude and promote teamwork with fellow team members
- · Able to communicate with management and team members
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Obey any instruction given by Executive Chef and or FOH Management
- To be consider for cook2, must have a clean record without documentation for at least 6 months and a cook2 position must be available.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- One (1) year experience as a Cook 3 in a similar environment
- Previous experience in a hotel/restaurant experience
- Knowledge of health, safety and sanitation procedures
- Self-motivate in work environment
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
SECTION 3: COMPETENCIES & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism