FirstFed Financial Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Branch Delivery - Banking Services
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
Works under limited supervision and is responsible for handling compliance of audit operations and regulatory issues, provides transaction approvals, assists in training new or entry-level Teller staff on proper compliance and regulatory procedures, assists in scheduling, handles and resolves more complex inquiries and transactions. Processes teller transactions accurately and efficiently, providing an excellent customer experience. Understands and stays up to date on bank products and services
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- May act as a lead and provide direction to entry-level Tellers. Approves transactions when needed as well as provides assistance in solving more complex issues and transactions.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shift, and calculates daily transactions using appropriate systems.
- Provides excellent customer service for routine inquiries and may assist with more complex issues as directed or as appropriate.
- Accurately enters customer transactions into proper system to record transactions and generate receipts.
- Processes paying and receiving transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established Teller policy and procedures, which includes verifying signatures and other information for identification and fraud prevention on financial instruments presented for deposit or withdrawal.
- Processes transactions for various bank products and services including safe deposit boxes, money orders, cashier checks, savings bonds, credit card and cash advances, etc.
- Provides information on bank products and services to current and prospective customers and refers them when appropriate, to a branch team member such as a Personal Banker, Universal Banker, etc.
- Maintains current knowledge of bank products and services.
- Performs clerical duties such as answering calls, processing incoming mail and deliveries, filing and light typing.
- Achieves compliance certification and uses knowledge of compliance/CRA regulations in day-to-day activities.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to banking.
- A minimum of 12 months prior Teller experience
- Excellent knowledge of Teller Operations Working knowledge of bank products and services
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use keyboard and computer system to process work
- Ability to be accurate and show strong attention to detail
- Strong decision-making ability