Diamond Resorts International Sales Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Diamond Resorts International Sales Center
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: DRI00006K
Oversees and manages accounting staff to ensure accurate and timely monthly financials, balance sheet reconciliations and analysis are completed. Works closely with other supervisors and managers in establishing and maintaining key financial and operational processes as well as internal controls.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages the overall daily operations of the assigned accounting function.
- Ensures accurate and timely financial statements and general ledger closing in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company policies.
- Prepares or reviews and posts daily and/or monthly journal entries.
- Reconciles or reviews assigned balance sheet accounts in Blackline.
- Prepares or reviews roll forwards as assigned.
- Prepares monthly financial fluctuation analysis as assigned.
- Responds to inquiries and requests from managers and directors.
- Assists in the audit process as requested.
- Establishes and maintain effective accounting controls.
- Makes recommendations on new or revised accounting processes or procedures, including new automation processes to increase efficiency.
- Completes duties and trains subordinate positions and ensures team is cross trained.
- Completes all required company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- A minimum three (3) years of experience in the accounting field required.
- No supervisory experience required.
This position spends the majority of the time (50% or more) achieving organization objectives, often through the coordinate achievements of subordinate staff. A portion of the time may be spent performing individual tasks related similar to those performed by direct reports, but primary duties are supervisory or organizational-goal related. Analyzes and resolves problems, determines work techniques, monitors for regulatory compliance, maintains production, interprets and creates policies, and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge.
Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with independence, and makes decisions on matters of significant importance. Manages human, financial, and/or physical resources; proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action; develops systems to ensure subordinates adhere to policies and procedures in compliance with organizational goals and objectives.
Specific supervisory duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Determines and creates policies, procedures and manuals for direct reports.
- Establishes objectives and goals for the team; plans, organizes and manages work flow.
- Assigns, monitors, and reviews work; evaluates direct report's performance.
- Recruit, interview, train, discipline, and terminate direct reports.
- Orientate and train direct reports.
- Approves time records and time off requests; submits payroll for direct reports.
- Investigates and resolves concerns and complaints.
- Provide assistance and support; maintains a positive and professional working environment.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not require licenses or certifications.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Be a creative thinker and encourage a variety of problem solving techniques.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to interpret and create policies, procedures and manuals.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets and has advanced math skills.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.