Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Officer
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Prestamos - Nevada
The Business Development Officer is responsible for developing strategies to originate all Prestamos loan programs including micro-loans, private loan pools and NMTC loans in the marketplace. Calls on and develops a referral network with business bankers, commercial real estate brokers, business brokers, business/professional associations, accountants, lawyers, etc. to solicit loan opportunities. Presents the company's loan capabilities, structures complex loan proposals, completes initial underwriting and prepares credit package including internal borrower history and loan request. Build Prestamos portfolio by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Must maintain a demonstrated understanding of loan underwriting structures, pricing and processes as they relate to the funding of small business loans for business start ups and ongoing business entities
- Must have thorough knowledge of financial accounting theory and logic, loan structuring.
- Must be able to communicate information and concepts clearly, both orally and in writing; ability to interpret and discuss analytical data.
- Technical skills should include proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel in particular) as well as a familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, loan processing software systems.
- SBA, NMTC Lending and Business Development experience.
- Demonstrated sales performance.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) - preferred
- Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Energy Level, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism
- Audit, Financial Skills, Financial Software, Customer Service, Thoroughness, Confidentiality, Analyzing Information , Decision Making, Verbal Communication, Quality Focus
Candidate should possess a minimum of 2 years of commercial lending/analytical or related experience in commercial underwriting and portfolio management a diverse loan portfolio and possesses a clear understanding of all underwriting guidelines.
Candidate should possess a minimum of a Bachelors Degree in finance, management or comparable business administration or related discipline, or combination of education and experience.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
Attracts new loan applications by developing relationships within the community, specifically with the real estate community; making sales calls to prospective customers.
Assist clients, both walk-in and telephone, with small business loan programs and provides initial counseling and referrals to other agencies.
- Meets loan applicants and screens loan applications for completeness prior to submitting to the Loan Underwriter.
- Assists staff with loan research for loan requests.
- Coordinates technical assistance programs as offered by Prestamos to potential and existing clients
- Conducts loan closing
Accomplishes Prestamos mission by completing related results.
- Assist with special projects as requested;
- Community participation during and/or after work hours as needed.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Client Focus - Dedicated to meeting the needs of internal and external clients; listens effectively and establishes and maintains relationships and gains client’s trust and respect.
Ethics, Integrity and Trust - Considers ethical issues before decisions are made and seeks to achieve results that are in the best interest of CPLC and Prestamos CDFI, LLC.
Ownership, Accountability, Responsibility and Compliance - Takes ownership of tasks, projects, and relationships and follows through on obligations and promises.
Self Development and Learning - Personally committed to learning and actively works to continuously develop professionally.
Teamwork and Collaboration -Works collaboratively; finds common ground and solves problems for the good of all and can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to the team.
INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR COMPETENCIES:
- Goal-Oriented - Proceeds with projects and programs while constantly keeping the goal in mind. Translates general goals into practical achievable objectives. Identifies outcomes that are attainable, measurable, specific and time-focused. Measures progress toward goals. Revises goals based on available resources or priority changes.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving -Makes decisions in a timely manner, uses a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Informing and Communicating - Proactively communicates information to colleagues up, down and across the organization, provides updates on projects, tasks and potential roadblocks.
- Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects and sets objectives and goals
- Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on important priorities and completes tasks and/or projects on time.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret and discuss analytical data
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to present operational information to personnel at all levels.
Ability to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Ability to juggle several tasks and prioritize
- Ability to travel statewide as needed
- Community participation during and/or after work hours as needed
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Director Prestamos Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.