City of Las Vegas Nevada
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority- Maintenance Supervisor
at City of Las Vegas Nevada
- About the Position
- This position is posted for the Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority located in Las Vegas NevadaPOSITION SUMMARY:
Under direct supervision of the Asset Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring the overall physical aspect of the property, meeting company standards, managing and responding to resident maintenance issues and repairs, scheduling, monitoring and performing preventative maintenance projects for all housing units, multi-family complexes, and commercial facilities. The maintenance supervisor is responsible for training, assigning, and supervising all maintenance staff under his/her direction. The duties listed below illustrate the various types of work performed. The omission of specific statements regarding duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or logical assignment in association with this position.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates must submit complete Employment Application, with updated Resume attached, and voluntary Affirmative Action Questionnaire. Applicants can go to www.snvrha.org click on employment tab and complete Employment Application on job portal. Applications can also be obtained and submitted at Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority, Human Resources Department, 5390 E. Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas NV 89122 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (702) 477-3170, TDD (702) 387-1898. An incomplete Employment Application and/or failure to meet the minimum requirements listed above will result in disqualification. Additional information will not be accepted after the closing date.
Applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. Applications become the property of the Housing Authority and will not be copied or returned.
Notice to Disabled Applicants: To request an accommodation contact the SNRHA Human Resources Department.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION FACTORS: Applicants who meet the minimum requirements defined above will be further evaluated. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements defined above will not be considered for this position.
This is a non-exempt position and is eligible for participation in the bargaining unit that now represents Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority employees.
- EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Schedule, report, preventive maintenance, and order necessary supplies to comply with Authority's Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Identify and report any problems to Asset Manager.
- Train and develop a competent team; responsibly delegate appropriate duties and monitor individual performance; identify the need for employee coaching and counseling and implement such action with the assistance of the asset manager.
- Perform repairs as needed. The maintenance supervisor is a working manager position. Skilled in carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC, masonry, drywall repairs, fencing repairs, concrete repairs, appliance repairs. Complete turnovers, rehabs, and work orders in apartments and common areas. Set up and operates appropriate equipment, machines, and tools.
- Review and understand the monthly financial report, especially maintenance related categories; assists in writing reports on maintenance related variances; maintain appropriate level of inventory and utilize budget to ensure accurate expenditures. Process requisitions correctly and monitor expenditures.
- Walk the property per the established schedule to identify immediate and long term repairs, and actual/potential risk repairs; insure high quality of curb appeal.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Five (5) years of full-time journey level experience in building/facilities maintenance or construction. Prior lead or supervisory experience is preferred.
High school diploma or GED supplemented by some technical or college level course work in business, construction Management or a related field OR six (6) years combination of education, training, and experience.
Motor Vehicle Operator Identification: Selectee must (1) possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Nevada Driver's License, and maintain licensure for the duration of employment, (2) have a safe driving record.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and Experience in the operations, services, and activities of a building and grounds maintenance and repair program.
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Skills on how to properly use, care and repair a wide variety of buildings, grounds, hand and power tools and equipment.
- Ability to supervise, train, organize, and review the work of maintenance staff.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy: SNRHA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. SNRHA has established and adopted an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy. The Company will not discriminate and will not tolerate discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic characteristics, veteran or military status, disability, domestic violence victim status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable state, federal, or local law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including recruiting, hiring, initial periods of employment, job assignments, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, layoff and recall, social and recreational programs, termination and separation.