City of Henderson Nevada
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LIFEGUARD/AQUATIC SAFETY INSTRUCTOR
at City of Henderson Nevada
- Position Overview
Parks and Recreation will continue to hire seasonal staff for summer programming. Applicants should be prepared to interview virtually or by phone, so please make sure that you have provided a current phone number on your application and have also set up voicemail.
This position requires Starfish Aquatics Institute OR American Red Cross Swim Instruction certification at the time of application.
The City of Henderson is seeking enthusiastic team players to provide premier public service in our award-winning Parks & Recreation Department.
Under immediate supervision, maintains safety and prevents accidents in aquatics facilities through monitoring and observation of swimmers and patrons; performs rescues and provides first aid as needed; teaches water safety, swimming, diving and other aquatics classes; and performs related duties as assigned.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description.
Because Lifeguard/Aquatic Safety Instructor positions are available in facilities throughout the City of Henderson, work locations and assignments are subject to change based on program needs.
Candidates for this position will be subject to post-offer drug testing (NRS 613(1) (d)).
- Minimum Qualifications
- Must be 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Must possess either Starfish Aquatics Institute OR American Red Cross certifications in the following areas at the time of application:
- First Aid
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Swim Instruction
- Applicants who are hired with American Red Cross certifications will be required to attend a course provided by the City to transition their American Red Cross certifications to Starfish Aquatics Institute certifications prior to beginning work as a Lifeguard / Aquatic Safety Instructor.
- Incumbents must possess or have the ability to obtain Emergency Oxygen Administration Certification through the Starfish Aquatics Institute within 30 days of hire.
- All required certifications as mandated by state and federal laws, or as required by the City, must be obtained and maintained as a condition of continued employment and may be at the incumbent's expense.
- Required Documents/Assessment Information
Documents Required at the Time of Application:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
- Selection Process
You will be contacted by email or phone during the application and hiring process. It is your responsibility to check the email and phone number voicemail you provided on your application. We can't leave you a message if your voicemail is not set up or is full, so please make sure that you set up, check and clear out your voicemail during the application and hiring process.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Employment with the City may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer background investigation, medical/physical examination, and a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.