Casablanca Hotel, Resort, Casino, Golf and Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security - Officer @ VR/CB, (2 Available)
at Casablanca Hotel, Resort, Casino, Golf and Spa
# of openings:
JOB TITLE: Security Officer
STARTING RATE: $11.50 (Day & Swing) $12.50 (Graveyard)
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT: 21 years old
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: State of Nevada Gaming Permit, Alcohol Awareness Card, Valid Driver’s License, and DMV Driving History Printout (no more than 30 days old).
JOB SUMMARY: The Security Officer interacts directly with customers and co-workers and is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment by being a visible deterrent to unlawful activity.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: The Security Officer must be a good listener, paying attention to details, and be able to effectively communicate, in a professional manner, ideas and information to others, both verbally, on the radio and telephone, and in written statements. Must have basic computer skills, typing, and Microsoft Office skills (Word & Excel) in order to complete Security Reports. Must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner and maintain self control, often under adverse and stressful conditions. Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize calls for service. Conflict resolution skills are a must. Must be adaptable and excel at problem solving with both guests and fellow staff members. Must possess integrity and the basic desire to serve and protect. Must be customer and team oriented and possess excellent people skills. Must be motivated and willing to learn. High school diploma or equivalent is required. Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follows established policies, procedures, and regulations, both Mesquite Gaming and Nevada State Gaming Control Board, to ensure proper compliance and for the protection of company assets and to provide a safe, secure, and productive environment for guests and co-workers.
- Investigates complaints and violations of law and policies and prepares accurate, comprehensive written reports and statements, as necessary, to document such events and activities and may testify in court or other formal or informal proceedings.
- Fosters and maintains positive working relationships with other departments and staff members to resolve customer issues and concerns.
- Response to calls for service and uses radio and/or telephone communications to summon assistance from other security officers, personnel from other Company departments, police, fire, or emergency medical services as the situation dictates.
- Provides escorts for the safety of customers and other Company personnel, protecting them and the valuables they may have in their possession, and making buys and fills for other departments.
- Is a first-responder in any medical situation and provides first aid until further qualified medical assistance arrives.
- Other job related duties as assigned and instructed by management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS:
- Be courteous, respectful, and approachable, greeting customers and co-workers with a smile and exhibit a friendly, positive attitude, making them feel welcome and important to you.
- Listen and give full attention to what is being communicated, both verbally and non-verbally, taking time to understand the points being made and their needs and concerns.
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments and players to assess customer needs and to ensure that quality service is being provided to the customer and evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Be informed and promptly follow through with what needs to be done exceeding our guests’ expectations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking on uneven surfaces, lifting of moderately heavy objects. The work may require above average strength, agility or dexterity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment may occasionally involve exposure to potentially dangerous situations or unusual environmental stress requiring a range of safety and other precautions, i.e. extreme outdoor weather conditions, under threat of a physical attack by another person, mob condition, or in similar situations in which conditions cannot be completely controlled. Casino environment is tobacco-smoke exposed.