Casablanca Hotel, Resort, Casino, Golf and Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
F & B - Relief Kitchen Steward @ CB
at Casablanca Hotel, Resort, Casino, Golf and Spa
# of openings:
JOB TITLE: Steward
STARTING RATE: $14.00
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT: 21 years old
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: S. Nevada Health District Health Card and Valid Drivers license.
JOB SUMMARY: The Steward ensures that all kitchen and dining room equipment is cleaned, stocked, organized and available for service.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: The successful Steward will have a strong attention to detail and will be able to engage in multiple projects at a time, following time lines and quality expectations of the highest degree. Must be able to make “on the spot” decisions. Must be self motivated, and have the ability to motivate others. Knowledge of cleaning solutions and chemicals is necessary. Must be able to read, write, understand, and communicate verbally in English.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure adequate staffing of all kitchen workers and stewards in anticipation of projected business.
- Responsible for cleaning, organizing and maintaining all food & beverage equipment, service areas, tableware, pots/pans, and storage areas in a manner that it is ready for use.
- Train, lead, develop, motivate, evaluate, coach, and discipline team players.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety standards in all areas of the food & beverage department.
- Organization of kitchen areas, kitchen workers and production kitchen staff to ensure the highest of quality expectations are met for internal and external customer service.
- Other job related duties as assigned and instructed by management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS:
- Look fellow team players in the eyes, smile, and explain things casually without causing embarrassment.
- Listen and pay attention to what is being communicated both verbally and non-verbally.
- Share knowledge in such a manner as to inspire creativity and innovation among the staff in a non-threatening atmosphere.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting heavy objects over 50 pounds. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work involves moderate risks or discomforts requiring special safety precautions, e.g., working around kitchen equipment, moving parts, carts, or machines, or with contagious diseases or irritant chemicals. Employees may be required to use protective clothing or gear such as masks, gowns, coats, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields. This is a 24 hour/7 day a week work environment with varying shifts including weekends and holidays.