Casablanca Hotel, Resort, Casino, Golf and Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
F & B - Food Server @ CB
at Casablanca Hotel, Resort, Casino, Golf and Spa
$8.25 hr + Tips
# of openings:
JOB TITLE: Food Server
STARTING RATE: $8.25 (Days & Swing) / $8.50 (Graveyard)
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT: 21 years old
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: S. Nevada Health District Health Card and Alcohol Awareness Card.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide professional, efficient, friendly, and responsive customer service to restaurant, buffet or steakhouse guests. Inform guests of specials, answer questions on menu items and preparation, take orders and serve food and beverage items.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will have excellent customer service and communication skills. Must be team oriented. Must be flexible, adaptable, and self-motivated. Must be able to follow procedures and must be able to work in a busy restaurant atmosphere. Must be able to read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain current and accurate information regarding menu items (preparation, seasoning, ingredients, and plate presentation).
- While taking orders, up-sell appetizers, beverages and desserts in accordance with restaurant service standards.
- Correctly enter food into the POS system with accuracy to ensure accurate preparation of order.
- Deliver prepared food to guests and return to table to ensure satisfaction.
- Present check for payment, thank guests, and invite them back (follow scripting guidelines).
- Other job related duties as assigned and instructed by management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS:
- Recognize Platinum players and relay that information on to other restaurant team members.
- Listen and pay attention to what is being communicated both verbally and non-verbally.
- Go the extra mile with a smile for patrons who have special requests or needs.
- Friendly, helpful, and professional when interacting with guests and team members.
- Maintain a happy cheerful attitude with guests and fellow team members during stressful periods of peak business.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity. Must be able to lift moderately heavy food service trays up to 50 pounds to shoulder level.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as kitchens, restaurants, bars, coolers, offices, meeting and training rooms, libraries, residences and commercial vehicles, e.g., use of safe work practices with kitchen equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire, health and safety regulations and traffic signals, etc. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. The work environment involves exposure to second hand smoke in a casino. This is a 24 hour/7 day a week work environment with varying shifts including weekends and holidays.