Casablanca Hotel, Resort, Casino, Golf and Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
F & B - Cook's Helper @ CB
at Casablanca Hotel, Resort, Casino, Golf and Spa
# of openings:
JOB TITLE: Cook’s Helper
STARTING RATE: $10.75
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT: 18 years old
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: S. Nevada Health District Health Card.
JOB SUMMARY: Works with and assists the cooks and Chefs in the preparation and delivery of all food products in the kitchens and food service areas.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: General kitchen experience and willingness to learn. Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Must be flexible, adaptable and self motivated. Must be customer service and team-oriented. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and complete assignments in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Preparation of all food items for the kitchen and food service areas.
- Delivery of food items from work area to designated service areas.
- Set-up, maintain and clean kitchen and food service work areas.
- Assist cooks and chefs in their daily job duties.
- Will help to ensure that all Health and Safety standards are met for assigned work areas.
- Other job related duties as assigned and instructed by management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS:
- Attentive to others’ needs whether it is through verbal or non-verbal communication, thus enabling great rapport between team players and strengthening the team.
- Display cooperation with fellow team players during shift.
- Help others when not busy or finished with assigned duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting heavy objects over 50 pounds. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work involves moderate risks or discomforts requiring special safety precautions, e.g., working around kitchen equipment, moving parts, carts, or machines, or with contagious diseases or irritant chemicals. Employees may be required to use protective clothing or gear such as masks, gowns, coats, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields. This is a 24 hour/7 day a week work environment with varying shifts including weekends and holidays.