Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse/ Trainer/ LVN/ Allied Health- Winnemucca
at Alere Medical
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies. In this role, you will provide personalized Face-2-Face® training to Acelis Connected Health's home testing customers on obtaining a finger stick blood sample, operating the PT/INR products and reporting responsibilities. The position of trainer is per-diem and state/city specific.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
· Set up training appointment directly with the customer/caregiver
· Travel to the customer's home setting within the general geographic location of the Trainer's home
· Demonstrate and instruct the customer and/or their caregiver on the proper use and care of the PT/INR equipment
· Explain test reporting options
· Communicate and present themselves in a professional manner
· Accurately document and submit training records
· Maintain communications with Acelis Connected Health by cell phone, email and internet access
· Utilize secure encrypted email to communicate anything that includes customer PHI
· Have reliable transportation
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
- The Trainer must have clinical experience. Current LVN/LPN/ or above license is preferred
- Direct experience/exposure to anticoagulation management, homecare or allied health is preferred
- Health education training experience a definite plus
- No lifting over 15 pounds required
COMPETENCIES/ EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
· Completion of assigned educational prerequisites required
· Proof of health screening documentation
· Web based and interactive training provided by Acelis Connected Health
· Successful completion of a consumer report (background check) and pre-employment drug screening
· Travel a minimum of 100 miles roundtrip required
· Florida trainers only - there is an additional background step required for the state of Florida.
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com or contact your HR Partner to let us know the nature of your request.