Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse/ Patient Trainer/LVN/LPN/ Allied Health -Elko, NV
at Alere Medical
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: REQ18060231
Categories: Healthcare - LPNs & LVNs, Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services
Alere Home Monitoring exists at the convergence of Technology, Healthcare, and the delivery of world class Patient Support. Our remote monitoring capabilities improve the volume and value of data and facilitate the transformation of that data into meaningful information, capable of delivering improved outcomes and medical decision support. Our goal is to offer patients and physicians options regarding the delivery of healthcare, in manners that improve efficiencies, efficacy, and quality of life. Our services focus on healthcare circumstances where “Knowing now matters”™.
SUMMARY (PART TIME POSITION)
The Patient Trainer will provide personalized Face-2-Face® training to Alere's home testing patients on obtaining a finger stick blood sample, operating the PT/INR products and reporting responsibilities.
The Patient Trainer will:
- Set up training appointment directly with the patient/caregiver
- Travel to the patient's home setting within the general geographic location of the Trainer's home
- Demonstrate and instruct the patient and/or their caregiver on the proper use and care of the PT/INR equipment
- Explain test reporting options
- Communicate and present themself in a professional manner
- Accurately document and submit patient training records
- Maintain communications with Alere by cell phone, email and internet access
- Utilize secure encrypted email to communicate anything that includes patient PHI
- Have reliable transportation
- Travel required
- No lifting over 15 pounds required
COMPENSATION AND BUSINESS-RELATED EXPENSES
Employee compensation will be confirmed in employee offer letter:
- Flat rate for per training assignment
- Prevailing hourly rate for activities other than patient training
- Mileage reimbursement will be at the standard IRS rate
- Reimbursement for pre-approved and applicable travel expenses
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- The Patient Trainer must have clinical experience. Current LVN/LPN or above license is preferred
- Direct experience/exposure to anticoagulation management, homecare or allied health is preferred
- Health education training experience a definite plus
- Completion of assigned educational prerequisites required
- Proof of health screening documentation
- Web based and interactive training provided by Alere
- Successful completion of a consumer report (background check) and pre-employment drug screening
- Florida trainers only - there is an additional background step required for the state of Florida.
Alere (now Abbott Rapid Diagnostics) is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
Alere eScreen is a drug-free workplace. Selected candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment