Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time Retail Merchandiser (Weekend)
at Advantage Solutions
- Primary Posting Location : Address
- 450 N Nellis Blvd
- Primary Posting Location : City
- Las Vegas
- Primary Posting Location : State/Province
- Postal Code
- Primary Posting Location : Country
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Part Time
Part Time Retail Project Merchandiser (Weekend)
We are hiring a Part Time Retail Project Merchandiser to help increase sales of premium consumer products at our client’s retail locations within in assigned territory. The foundation of retail is built with strong displays for consumers to easily spot the brand names and quality products they love. A successful merchandiser builds, and crafts merchandising displays and maintains strong relationships with in-store management. The ideal candidate is flexible and adaptable with the ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy.
Bring your skills to the company, the largest sales and marketing agency in North America, APPLY TODAY.
Things to Consider:
- You will work in an assigned territory, travel and driving are essential to this position
- Great training and ongoing career development
- Execute on objectives by maintaining full distribution on existing SKUs
- Ensure signage is in place for new items at all assigned stores
- Maintain schematic standards and integrity
- Hang shelf signs, place coupons and assemble cardboard displays
- Cleaning of existing sections and fixtures
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience required
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills and daily Internet access
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift and/or push up to 40 pounds, stand, stoop and bend for long periods of time, potential use of cleaning chemicals and work in environments susceptible to temperature changes i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Retail Project Merchandiser is responsible for calling in for project work for merchandising products at retail accounts within an assigned territory.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Will work on the achievement of business objectives through placement of new items at all assigned stores
- Will work to meet Client and Company objectives by maintaining full distribution on existing SKUs and ensuring signage are in place
Reset Activity and Schematics Completion
- Must be able to maintain schematic standards by ensuring all authorized items are in distribution and set to shelf standards
- Must be able to maintain schematic integrity through consistent communication with Retail Supervisor and other retail personnel
- Hang shelf signs, place coupons on product, etc. as directed by client
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both internally to management and externally with Customers who will verify work is completed correctly
- Assemble cardboard displays for promotion of an item as directed by client
- Will report daily into the company’s web application each day’s activities and the work performed
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Merchandising
- Previous merchandising experience a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Analytical and research Skills
- Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make oral presentations
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, and Internet usage
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Reps Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.